Problems with PLATINUM EDITION REPLACEMENT SALT CELL FOR HAYWARD T-CELL-5

Also interested in the the j-4 jumper hack. Where can that be found?

Greetings, new user but recently bought a platinum T-5 replacement as well. Having the same situation with inaccurate high salt readings at the Aquatrol, 5000+. Salt is roughly 3000 per pool supplier testing.

Luckily it is still generating and not giving a high salt error code for now, just started opening up the pool for the season. Curious if you had an update on this, I also noticed that per Saltpoolstore.com FAQ, they claim it is due to an additional coating on the plates for longevity.

Glad to finally find someone with the same situation, but curious how the j-4 jumper hack is working for you and this salt cell.
The T-4 jumper did the trick. The salt levels on the Aquatrol are within a few hundred ppm of the levels that I get on my electronic meter and I no longer get the high salt warning and shutdown of the cell.

Reactions: JamesW and mknauss
The T-4 jumper did the trick. The salt levels on the Aquatrol are within a few hundred ppm of the levels that I get on my electronic meter and I no longer get the high salt warning and shutdown of the cell.
Make that the J-4 jumper, not the T-4

Reactions: JamesW
Saltpoolstore.com is a scam. Read the BBB reviews. They have been sued by Hayward multiple times for their claims about being a replacement. They drop-ship a knockoff replacement from Australia that will die within weeks or months. They have changed their company name and addresses (which are all drop-ship locations) multiple times. I wish someone had posted this before I wasted $400+ instead of buying the legit product. BEWARE!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.