Problems with FC again

Just a thought but maybe it wasn't a bag of salt that got dumped in causing the misery perhaps by mistake it was a bag of something else 🤔.
Nah - it was definitely Morton salt. Can’t mistake that heavy load that takes me ages to get to the side of the pool 🤣🤣🤣

If you pass the OCLT, you could run an Overnight Chlorine Production Test to determine if the SWG is producing at it's rated capacity.

I just read this on a thread trying to find out how I can test my new SWG that went in a few days after the bag of salt incident. I want to be sure it’s working. I understand to run it at 100% overnight - but how much should I expect the FC to rise in that time? Can I do this while the FC is still high - like immediately after it passes the OCLT? Or do I have to wait until it goes back down. I’d sorta really like to know before it goes back down tbh.

Does anyone here know?

If you pass the OCLT, you could run an Overnight Chlorine Production Test to determine if the SWG is producing at it's rated capacity.

I just read this on a thread trying to find out how I can test my new SWG that went in a few days after the bag of salt incident. I want to be sure it’s working. I understand to run it at 100% overnight - but how much should I expect the FC to rise in that time? Can I do this while the FC is still high - like immediately after it passes the OCLT? Or do I have to wait until it goes back down. I’d sorta really like to know before it goes back down tbh.

Does anyone here know?
(12,200 gallons @1.4lbs chlorine generated @100%/24 hours) will give you in a ten hour window approximately 5.7ppm of FC
Screenshot_20230725_234237.jpg

Reactions: Mdragger88
Oh I use this function in pool math! Duh. Ok. Once I’m done with the slam I will do this to confirm. Thanks for all the help.
Is your Morton’s salt 100% NACL or does it have other stuff in it? I though the yellow bag stuff had other stuff and the blue bag was the good one.

Is your Morton’s salt 100% NACL or does it have other stuff in it? I though the yellow bag stuff had other stuff and the blue bag was the good one.
It’s the white and blue bag. I suspect it may be how I’ve stored it. It’s in a chest that sometimes gets damp with heavy rain. These bags always have slight holes in them - I think the bags became contaminated in the outside chest. Well this is my most up to date theory. I have a couple left but I’m going to throw them out. When I buy another bag I’ll store in the very dry garage!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.