Problems with algae

pauliedbk

May 23, 2023
california
My family has a big open pool like 25,000 gallons. We just got a del aop 50 and it’s helped keep our pool super clean. But I’ve noticed it works better at high flow rates. So I’m ask a question in the forum and hopefully get the answer I’m looking for. But happy that California is finally sunny again and it’s time for a swim.

Good morning and welcome to TFP! :wave: Here at TFP we inform, educate, and assist pool owners with all their pool equipment and water chemistry needs. One of those is proper sanitation of water. Often times owners get pulled into the world of ozone and/or UV treatments when in most cases they don't work as they had hoped. For residential pools, chlorine is still king. Your CA sun generally provides all of the ozone/UV needed to remove residual combined chlorines from the water. When algae starts, it's a sign of a poorly chlorinated/balanced pool. Your ozone equipment will do nothing to remove algae.

Below are some articles I would encourage you to review. If you have any questions let us know. Enjoy the forum. :swim:

All things TFP ------> Pool Care Basics

Kill & remove algae ------> SLAM Process