Problem with curves on an oval pool just installed

J Mac Hockey 9

Sep 16, 2022
Minooka, IL
Hoping to get some help/advice! We just had a 18x33 oval pool installed today. When getting home to look at it, it looks as if the curves are bowed out. I've seen oval pools at friends houses, and they don't look like this. Is this something the installer could correct? I only put about a foot of water in it and wanted to get some advice before filling it 3/4 the way. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• PXL_20220916_234359008.jpg
    PXL_20220916_234359008.jpg
    512.3 KB · Views: 41
I would say the walls are bowed in, not out, and filling should correct it.
Thank you for the reply and help from this thread. I guess I was looking more at that top rail. On the back left and front left and right, it is not in an oval shape like we saw at the place we bought it. Yet the back right is perfect. Just wasn't sure if filling it would correct that.

Sorry for the dumb questions, but it's our first time owning a pool and this was a big purchase for us. Just want to make sure it's done correctly before putting a deck around it. Seriously appreciate the help!

Reactions: Newdude
It's the nature of a non-circle above ground pool. You should see how bad the intex style pools bow when filling.

Screenshot_20220917-090156_Chrome.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.