Problem controlling gas heater from easytouch system

sorry for the delay, been away .

I can only assume when I ran the new actuator wire into the box I must have disturbed something ... the unit most definitely would turn on the heater and turn off the heater based on reaching set temp, or, whenever I turned on spa and then turned off ... now, if the pump is running at all the heater runs, since the spa set temp is 104 and the pool temp is not 104.

I am not at the house so can not troubleshoot till i return ... for now I have manually placed heater into standby mode until I can get back there. Then, if I cant find a loose wire to the heater, I suppose its time to call my pool/heater tech.

- - - Updated - - -

sorry, not at the home and not sure which H400 it is

Hi There, the heater should also be showing bo mode which is for by-passing the controls on the heater and giving them to the controller. Then it should be in pool or spa mode. refer to the manual for putting it in bo mode.

I am finally back at the home where the pool issue is. I took the panel off the ET box and sure enough one of the wires to the heater had come loose from the panel. I replaced it and all is now functioning correctly.

Fyi, heater does stay in standby mode at all times and when heat is called for the heater goes into spa mode, regardless of whether spa or pool heater is desired. The standby LED remains lit but the Spa LED also lights up. When heat is no longer needed the Spa LED goes out, heat turns off aND standby LED remains lit.

Thanks to all for your help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.