mrjetson707

Sep 7, 2021
Martinez, California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I've been running my pump at 1100 rpm lately and we had a big wind storm so I cranked it up to clean the pool out.(it had a ton of leaves after the storm) It worked fine yesterday but then today when I was cleaning it with my net, I hooked up the floor cleaner and the pump primed for 10 mins and then failed. The pump basket is full of water so I don't understand why it's failing. I'm a relatively new pool owner so I'm not sure what's going on. I disabled priming on the pump and turned it on and it's working fine. I'm not sure if priming is required if the pump basket is completely full with water or if I did a bad thing by disabling priming. from what I read online, it says there might be a problem on the suction side of the pump. maybe debris is clogging it somewhat and that's the issue. water flow seems to be fine. maybe it's an issue with the pump itself? I've never seen that many leaves in my pool as I had today so I wanna lean more towards the leaves being the issue. Any help for diagonising is appreciated

ps: not sure if it shows on my profile. it's a penatir intelliflo 3hp vs pump

Hard to understand but are you referring to a suction side cleaner? Also check the skimmer basket if it's not packed up with leaves and are you sure the weir door is operating properly and not stuck or hanging up.
ya the suction cleaner. I have to take the basket out to plug it in. my neighbor has Cyprus trees so the leaves are small needle shaped. there were in my pump basket along with some worms

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.