Priming Error for brand new Pentair IntelliFloXF VSF

imranmoin

Apr 27, 2021
San Jose / California
Folks,

Need your help here. I just installed a brand new Pentair IntelliFloXF VSF pump. It worked fine for 2 days and is giving priming error now. I did open the pump basket once to clean leaves, etc. I am wondering if that has anything to do with it. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. My pool has starting turning green since the water is not filtered. Thanks!

Did you get it to prime? Can you describe what's happening? Is water entering the pump basket?

If you removed the lid, chances are your problem is there. Make sure the lid o-ring is in place, clean and lubed. Tighten the lid hand tight. Start pump and use the air relief valve to bleed air out of the filter.

Make sure you check your valve positions to ensure you have a suction source open. Check your water level. Water level should be about half between the top and bottom of the skimmer mouth. Make sure your weir door isn't stuck in the closed position.

Hello and Welcome to TFP

any update, Current status?
What is the specific error your encountering?

My Pentair VSF primes at 3450 RPM can sometimes take two cycles to successfully prime if it’s been off during a deep filter cleansession.
but I’ve never gotten a priming error as you describe.

According to the pentair manual

Priming Failure
If the pump is not defined as primed within the “Max Priming Duration” it will stop and generate a “Priming Alarm” for 10 minutes, then attempt to prime again. The “Max Priming Duration” is set by the user on the priming menu as discussed on page 19. If the pump cannot prime within five attempts it will generate a permanent alarm that must be manually reset.

is this describing Your situation?

if so, what’s changed?
is it pulling water into the strainer basket?
is your skimmer basket clean?
are your inlet skimmer/main drain valves set correctly?
Try reseating the lid using pool lube on the rubber gasket To ensure better seal.

I see you’ve asked several operational questions, to get improved assistance and quicker responses you might want to consider Filling out your signature. This will help everyone understand your setup and that will help the forum assist you and help getting to resolution quicker.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.