Price check on an OEM T-CELL-15

Just bought one three weeks ago from them. Best price out there and they rebuild using high quality USA parts just like the original Hayward cell. There is no difference and works very well. Customer support is awesome. Have been on the phone with them several times and they're very helpful. Do the core exchange and you'll get $60 bucks back if the cell casing is in good condition. They rebuild and use again.
Let me clarify, you pay $325 plus $60 for a core fee and then get back your $60 when you return gets back to them. So it cost you at the end of this buy/return $325 pus shipping included is a return label for the old cell.

Last edited:
I just received a rebuilt cell from SaltSolutions Inc in Tampa.

Resetting everything by switching off and on, then superchlorinate/on, I am getting about 2700ppm stable reading (the - instant reading) when the known Taylor K1766 and Aquachek strips PPM is quite a bit higher @ 3800ppm on the rebuilt Salt Solutions cell that arrived today.

This replacement cell and the one I just took out of service show pretty much the same low salt reading (2600) with 3800ppm water. Did I get a bad cell from Salt Solutions or ?

Last edited:
Did you recalibrate. I had same issue. Recalibrated and let it run. No cell will give you the results that the K1766 gives. May take some running time to catch up. Ballpark numbers should be ok too. INYO pool has good youtubes on the Aqua Rite system.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There's no recalibration. The instant salinity is what it is. Have the salinity checked a different way just to be sure.

If the instant salinity divided by the actual salinity is less than 85%, I would send the cell back for replacement.

That's why I'm saying to verify the actual salinity just to be sure.

If it's verified, the cell is underperforming and needs to be replaced.

In my opinion, the original Hayward is the best choice.

Some new generics might be worthwhile, but I would avoid rebuilt cells.

More interesting data for me:

I compared the "new-to-me" Salt Solutions rebuilt cell to a brand new out of the box Hayward TCELL940 and got identical salinity readings (3000 as of right now). Both cells report the same info. The Salt Solutions folks should be pleased with that.

Taylor K-1766 reports the salinity of 3600-3800 using a 25ml sample. Aquachek strips agree with the cell - reports 3000 ppm.

I tried to hack together a NaCL 3000 ppm, distilled water "standard solution" as best my little scales and measures would allow. I also get 3000 ppm on the strips and 700+ppm more on the Taylor test. Odd that these tests don't agree within a reasonable tolerance.

I have some salt standard solution coming in the mail and will report the test results on that. Strange that these salinity tests are so far apart.

Last edited:
Reactions: wireform
DJ, just some perspective if it helps
Everybody likes to get a deal. And everybody would rather have leftover money for other things. But the overall savings you are looking at don't amount to a third of one percent of the cost of your 40k gallon plaster pool. (Estimating $200 and a $60k pool). Generics in most industries exist because they do work. But they also are usually built with less to lose for the generic company that nobody has ever heard of. If im buying screws for random household projects, the cheaper the better. The screws for my $20k deck are gonna be name brand coated exterior screws. You are basically looking to put WalMart brand brake pads on a Ferrari. Its an investment for maintaining your very expensive pool. Failures happen with any brand of course but i personally prefer the piece of mind of using known quality stuff when doing projects for higher end things.

Best of luck of course with whatever you end up choosing.

Reactions: wireform
Salt tests are inherently imprecise. I never rely on any single salinity test. The box reading is also +/- 400 ppm. So, the combined precision is within specifications.

Most likely, the actual salinity is somewhere between the two readings.

Did you return the rebuilt cell and buy a new Hayward cell?

Did you return the rebuilt cell and buy a new Hayward cell?

Nope, kept them both. It's only money. They'll all get deployed and depleted over time.

I have been meaning to do a project to run two in parallel. I have to run one virtually all the time in the summer (VS pump set very low) to keep the FC up on this pool. Might have an excuse now to find another controller and plumb another cell in.

Being in the IT business, I have learned the pleasure of redundant configs. When one fails, the other can stand-in until a replacement unit arrives. Running two in parallel at 50% or less should extend my replacement interval.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.