Preventing mosquitoes in closed, uncovered pool?

threecheese

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 14, 2014
Long Island, NY
Had a local shop install a new liner last month, and they left the cover off. I don't have my opening scheduled for another month, and there are mosquitos breeding in the pool. I've asked the guy to come address it, but he is not responding. Is there something I can do, besides open the pool and get chlorine pumping, to get rid of the mosquitoes, safely? I:ll be swimming in a month.

Were it me, I'd go ahead and open. If it's warm enough for mosquitoes, it's likely warm enough to turn your pool into a messy swamp.

Why delay your eventual swimming by having to go through a massive, messy SLAM? Open her up, get that chlorine flowing, and it will be ready to swim when you are, and at less overall cost if you don't have to perform a huge cleanup! Side benefit, your pool won't be breeding bugs that are chewing on you when you're outside. :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.