Gold Supporter
May 12, 2016
Cincinnati, OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
This is a followup to a similarly titled, closed thread from last fall that mentions two different products to use under the cover:

My question is where under the cover to install the products:
At the outer edge of the cover or close to the edge of the pool?
Also, is the backer rod reusable or does it need to be replaced annually?

Thanks.
ps. please dont answer Yes. you know you were thinking about it. well, I was.

Yes LOL sorry could not help myself!

I really don't know the answer but my gut says to roll the edge of the cover over the foam and in some way keep it there. I would have it a bit away from the coping so if a leaf does find it's way under it may not make it to the pool BUT another worry could be the leaves getting stuck under the rolls and staining the decking or coping. Rock and a hard place right here.

In that thread, @skimmerswimmer used the outside edge and secured it in place to the cover straps. @Pool_Medic was using the kind on the spool and might have his own insight for you.
I didn’t get around to getting mine this last fall but I have used that stuff before for other things. It should last a few seasons, as long as it isn’t particularly harsh that year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.