Preventing high RPM start up when backwashwashing with variable speed pump

Rekem

May 12, 2022
Ontario
Hello, I have a variable speed pump and when it turns on it runs a very high RPM to prime the pump for a few seconds. I feel at this high rpm is far too high when I am turning the pump on during a backwash. Is there anyway to start the pump up at a much lower RPM? It is a Pentair intelliflow 2 variable speed with the easy touch control panel

R,

No.. I'm saying you can go into the pump's control panel and change the prime speed or disable prime all together. Do you not have your pump's manual? My pump is a different IntelliFlo, but the manual is pretty clear,

To run the pump from the pump's control panel, you need to have the EasyTouch in the Service mode.

Thanks,

Jim R.

R,

No.. I'm saying you can go into the pump's control panel and change the prime speed or disable prime all together. Do you not have your pump's manual? My pump is a different IntelliFlo, but the manual is pretty clear,

To run the pump from the pump's control panel, you need to have the EasyTouch in the Service mode.

Thanks,

Jim R.
yes i can, but doesn't it seem odd to have to do that every time you backwash and reverse it after? seems i should be able to use the EasyTouch panel to bypass it somehow. Or is everyone really turning prime on/off when they backwash?

R,

Well, when you think about it, how did you turn off prime when you were running a single speed pump?

I never backwash anymore. I just open the filter and clean it every 6 months.

How often do you have to backwash??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.