LifeTime Supporter
Jul 6, 2015
Charter Oak, California
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have ANOTHER question... This time it's about pressure testing. I built a simple device to pressurize the system and gauge the pressure from one thread on TFP and several online articles that should work. The pressurizing device is at the highest point of the loop. I've capped off my entire underground plumbing system from the pump/filter to the side of the pool. I'm testing tomorrow. If the loop is capped off, will the air release from the system as water is sent in? Should I install the gauge, shutoff valve, and water pressure supply on the high end, and leave the other end of the loop open, fill with water, and then cap off the open end, hoping to get all the water out?o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

With one of these at the end opposite the pressure gauge??? DUH!!!

Attachments

• Oatey Gripper 2 in. Plastic Mechanical Test Plug-33401 - The Home Depot.jpg
    Oatey Gripper 2 in. Plastic Mechanical Test Plug-33401 - The Home Depot.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Finished the Pressure Test Rig and attached it to the 1-1/2" return run last night. Filled the pipes with water, NO LEAKS!! Of course, NO PRESSURE YET, but it's a start..Pressurizing tonight!! Keep me in your prayers..:drown:

Hose/Shut-off valve/gauge

35 lbs. enough??

Attachments

• Pressure Test Rig.jpg
    Pressure Test Rig.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.