Old_Pool_Man

Sep 14, 2020
Palmdale, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Is there any way to get the equivalent of a sweeper hose that comes with a pressure side cleaner that would connect to the return ports in my pool plumbed for suction side cleaners? Something that just press fits into the 1" return jet would be fine.

While the pool is not in use, and after the robot has finished it's cycle, which gets only about 75% of the dirt, I was wondering if there is something I could plug into the return jets that would agitate the bottom of the pool so the dirt would suspend and get filtered.

The robot cleaner doesn't do a great job, it cleans fine when it is traveling towards its exhaust, but just leaves track marks when it is traveling away from its exhaust. Part of the problem is the dirt is silt suspended in the air on windy days and settles on the bottom. The standard filter in the robot doesn't trap the silt, so extra fine filters were installed, which alters it's cleaning behavior.

Mark

1620069222243.jpeg

Last edited:
I have the Discovery which is a similar cleaner but I do not have any of those issues and my pool is twice as big as yours. So I there might be something wrong with the robot cleaner. How old is the cleaner?

The Dolphin is 1 1/2 years old, I do have to replace these every few years for one failure or another. I believe the efficiency is reduced because I changed the filter to their extra fine size. That reduces water flow and ability to climb, but if I don't use the extra fine filter, the silt just goes through the filter and clouds up the pool, I'm not really cleaning the water.

Mine has the coarse filter AND the fine filter and the cleaner has no problem climbing walls. Perhaps there is an issue with the filter.

The Triton has no option to run both filters, and they don't provide the fine filters out of the box, I had to buy them separately once I saw how the dirt was just suspended rather than filtered. Immediately after replacing the filter I noticed the difference in coverage. I guess I bought the wrong cleaner. I don't see either the Triton or the Discovery on the maytronics web site as current products. Each one I buy is a gamble, and I lose more than I win.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.