Pressure gauge connection repair

Apr 4, 2017
Cypress, TX
This just might not be possible now, but my pressure gauge stripped the internal threads of the filter. I don't want to (& couldn't afford) a new filter, so the only way I could fix it (before I found this forum) was to basically fill and glue it shut. I used liquid nails and a beer cap! That's some redneck stuff right there!!

Anyway, is there a way to undo what has been done and repair it correctly so that it will hold a pressure gauge again?

Attachments

• 20190815_133202.jpg
    20190815_133202.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 16
I wouldn't bother fixing it with a cartridge filter. My pressure never goes up at all I don't need it either. Not sure if you could fix it you'd probably have to tap the stripped hole for a larger size and then get an adapter for the gauge or find a gauge that fits the new size. Keep in mind if you did that you might compromise the filter housing which is a pressure vessel and probably not recommended.

Oh - You might be able to add a tap for a pressure gauge on the input PVC pipe going to the filter. Not sure if that is the same pressure as the filter while running I think it is.

Id scrape out the liquid nails. Its not meant to get wet. What happens if you are away for a day or so and that thing decides to break loose? Use JB Weld "Water". Its designed to be used under water and would be ALOT better than the liquid nails.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.