Pressure gauge connection repair

gbrenham

Apr 4, 2017
Cypress, TX
This just might not be possible now, but my pressure gauge stripped the internal threads of the filter. I don't want to (& couldn't afford) a new filter, so the only way I could fix it (before I found this forum) was to basically fill and glue it shut. I used liquid nails and a beer cap! That's some redneck stuff right there!!

Anyway, is there a way to undo what has been done and repair it correctly so that it will hold a pressure gauge again?

Attachments

PoolGate

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 7, 2017
Damascus, MD
I wouldn't bother fixing it with a cartridge filter. My pressure never goes up at all I don't need it either. Not sure if you could fix it you'd probably have to tap the stripped hole for a larger size and then get an adapter for the gauge or find a gauge that fits the new size. Keep in mind if you did that you might compromise the filter housing which is a pressure vessel and probably not recommended.

Oh - You might be able to add a tap for a pressure gauge on the input PVC pipe going to the filter. Not sure if that is the same pressure as the filter while running I think it is.