Prepping to close for the first time, need some guidance

Salpal

Jul 28, 2017
Tresckow, PA
Cold weather is coming quickly and I'm starting to prepare my pool for closing. Water temperature was 65 when I checked it today so I will be waiting until we hit 60 before I close completely.

Right now, I'm draining the water below the return. Tomorrow, I plan on skimming and vacuuming as best l as I can. Then, I'm going to properly maintain until the water is cold enough.

When that happens, I'd like to bring the pump and filter indoors. I have room to store them.
Can I also detach and bring all the pipes and fittings running from the return and skimmer to the pumps and filter or do these typically stay attached? Here are photos of the setup:
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

When all that is done, I'm going to raise FC it to SLAM labels and then cover it with a winter tarp.

Do I have this right?

Thanks.

A pool that was properly chlorinated and clean can be closed before the temp gets below 60. Raise your chlorine level to shock values, drain the pool n lines n filter n pump, remove drain plug and plug skimmer and returns.. Those lines do not need to go inside but you can if it makes you feel better. The pump can certainly come inside.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.