Preparing for freezing temps with unwinterized AGP pool

chicagonyc

Jun 14, 2020
Houston, TX
For a number of reasons, I didn't winterize my AGP pool. And on top of that, I'm awaiting a deep freeze here in Houston that might reach into the 20s for two days. What should I do with a few hours left? Keep the sand filter pump running? I'm not sure I have enough rubber stoppers to plug both inflow holes + outflow hole.

I wish I could help, but I know absolutely nothing about extended freezing temps! Keeping this bumped so others can help. @Newdude ?

Reactions: newdude
Drain what you can and hope for the best.

If you have a skimmer then put some empty plastic bottles in it or cut up pool noodles.

Go out there and figure out exactly what parts are needed, and where they are, in case you have to winterize and drain everything. If the power goes out, you're going to have to do it in a jiffy. Make that hardware store trip now, not at 3 AM.

Otherwise, tarp everything (except maybe the pump - can overheat) and run the pump 24 hours.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.