Preparing for battle against the blackbirds/grackles...year 2!

Buy a cat for every neighbor.
HA! My bf has been feeding 3 feral cats outside of our yard behind our shed for the past year (don't get me started, that's a whole other story). Apparently he feeds them too well. I often see them patrolling along our fence line on the other side, which is where the trees are and where the nests are. They even climb up and sit in the trees to stare into our yard (probably to torture our three prey-driven dogs). They don't seem to have the motivation to hunt them or go that high in the trees.

I just posted to the other grackle fecal sac thread. We hadn't noticed a grackle poop problem until this year, but coincidentally this is the first spring we have a bird bath and the grackles are dropping it into there, and not our pool... much... fingers crossed. I bet they prefer landing on the bird bath versus the pool edge. Though maybe they learned that habit before we opened the pool a few days ago.

Reactions: mariane
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.