Prep work for water

JJU

Apr 16, 2020
Libby, Montana
So I need to know, do I test the water that we r filling the pool with with the test kit we will be using, or do I take it in to a water test place (we have a plumbers store that does basic water testing) to figure out what, and how much supplies I will need when we start filling up The pool. It will be in a lot of sun. I feel like with all the info I should have figured it out but I haven’t yet. This is the kit I have.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    437.9 KB · Views: 6
Welcome to TFP.

Sorry to tell you but you need a better test kit then that if you are going to use TFPC Methods. The test kit you have cannot test for CYA or FC over 5 ppm.

You can separately buy the CYA (Cyanuric Acid) Test and FAS/DPD Chlorine & CC's test You are over halfway towards buying a complete TF-100 FAS/DPD Chlorine & CC's test

Use the test kit you have to test your fill water pH and TA. Your fill water will have no chlorine or stabilizer/CYA. You will definitely need liquid chlorine and stabilizer. You may need muriatic acid depending on what your fill water pH is.

How many gallons will be in your pool?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.