Prep Work for Liner Replacement Would Like to Add Foam Bottom

Feb 11, 2013
I am needing to replace my liner in my above ground pool. I am on an installers list, but am having a hard time justifying the cost of $650 when I don't feel they did a great job the first time.

What type of prep work will need to be done to the bottom of the pool where the installers used sand? Will I need to purchase new sand to even out the bottom? I would like to add extruded foam to the bottom for a nice smooth finish. Is this something I can do, even if I already have a sand bottom?

I currently have a beaded liner in a track. Will I need to take off the rails to replace the liner?

I don't think you need to take the rails off with a beaded liner. We just got our liner replaced last year and we bought a gorilla pad for the bottom. We made sure the installer tamped the sand down real good this time around with much better results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.