Pre pool opening (white water mold)

7ppm is low target 🎯 for cya of 60.
You want to aim for high target (9ppm) & be sure to replenish before fc nears minimum.
View attachment 562259
Since you leave the pool mostly covered this will mean your daily fc consumption is likely lower than most but be aware that on an uncovered sunny day with swimmers your loss will be higher (average 2-4ppm/day) so dose accordingly so it doesn’t sneak up & bite you.
I am so on top of this .
There is a new sheriff in town, well same sheriff just more educated. You guys are so great and very appreciated

Maybe jumped the gun a tad with the mike drop 🤣 ….

I struggled with the vac for 10 min (in 36 degree weather wind blowing like crazy) before I realized I didn’t turn off the main drain for more suction to the skimmer smh 🤦‍♀️
“The moment you think you got it figured”

You’re wrong 😑
but eventually BAPM prevailed

Reactions: Mdragger88
Pffffffft. If that's the worst thing that happens to us today, we all got off easy.

Plus, there's no better teacher than a foul up. Maybe the facepalm shoves it in the brain better, I dunno. But it's true.

8ll1ix.jpg

Good morning
Yesterday 7 am fc 15 cc 0.5
Today 6 am fc 13 cc 0.5
Has remained open

Will continue to let fc fall
Just need a lil clarity on my target fc now
PM gives range 5-9 with target of 7. Did we say I never want to go below 7 and stay closer to 9?
it’s getting down to 28 degrees tonight. I was thinking covering for the night is ok? But if I do cover, wait like an hour before testing after opening ?
Thanks

PM gives range 5-9 with target of 7. Did we say I never want to go below 7 and stay closer to 9?
In the summer with lots of daily loss, yes. Right now with 2ppm loss per day you can run closer. It's a moving target based upon daily loss and the name of the game is staying free and clear of min at your low point of the day. Right now, a 7 is a 2 day supply of FC. In July, a 2 day supply might be 10 or 11 at 4ppm per day.

With the cover closed, you may find it keeps the 1 or 2 ppm daily loss all season. But also know the open cover loss for those weekend all day swims. Dose accordingly. :)

We always say no two pools will behave the same at any point in the season. You effectively have 2 pools, the proverbial 'night and day'. (Covered/uncovered).

as you know, we opened about 2 months earlier than usual. I would guess Memorial Day could possibly be our first use of the pool.

Is daily testing starting now?
Does it need to be opened daily?
Also I get brushing/vac as needed but is X “standard” like twice a week or something?
Also “fountains” (pathetic excuse for them) never used, but I should run them daily/ one a week?

Thx

Is daily testing starting now?
Adjust as necessary. If FC is holding for 4 days, test every 3rd day. Dose a little over target and it'll probably last all week. Never get near the outskirts of WWMville. That's the game to play.
Does it need to be opened daily?
Once or twice a week for 30 mins in the sun. If you open it and it 'smells like a pool', you waited too long. It's no harm and only takes 45 seconds for the sun to burn of the smell (CCs), but that's your heads up.
Also I get brushing/vac as needed but is X “standard” like twice a week or something?
Brush once a week. If it's poof-y, then vac after it settles.
Also “fountains” (pathetic excuse for them) never used, but I should run them daily/ one a week?
Flush them 15 mins per day.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
@Badpoolmom outstanding work getting your pool cleared up! Sometimes cleaning your test vials
with rubbing alcohol or straight chlorine can help to get more accurate readings. Especially those pesky
CC's!
I had not thought of this!!
I’ve only been rinsing .
Thanks for the tip
Maybe I’m just nerdy, but I actually enjoyed the process - very satisfying

Reactions: Lilypad
Yesterday 6:30 am fc 13 cc 0.5
Today 2 pm fc 11 cc 0.5. (Did cover last night until about 1 pm today. Waited an hour to test)

Pattern seems to be abt 2 ppm loss a day. Will see tomorrow as we are having considerable more sun and tad warmer temps today up to 57
(although the low was 29 early this am)

Do I start checking other chems once I’m under 10 fc?

Thought I’d throw in for anyone curious, as I would be haha !
My pool is on the smaller side at abt 10k gallons and the slam process took 4 ish days of lc additions,
testing and adding every 2 hours so 8-10 times per day (I’m ocd that way)
plus 2 nights oclt,
and approx 10 gallons 10% LC

**I’m sure each and every slam goes diff depending on a multitude of factors, “individual results may vary”

Last edited:
Put the sample in the little squirty bottle with the cap on & stick it in your pocket for a little while.
- this works well for ear drops/eye drops too so they are much more comfortable when administered. Also, nail polish 💅- makes it go on easier 😉

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support