Praher Fitting - Tightening Question

Jul 25, 2010
Folks,
I've rebuilt the Pump housing plumbing and am very happy with the result so far. However....am getting a drip per 10 seconds from the Praher union to Front Housing connector, circled Orange in pic. More text after the picPraher Fitting.jpg. I'm also getting several other 'blobs' around the fitting but these take minutes to form.
My question...............how tight do the pro's screw those fittings in? I have gone hand tight only wearing a nitrile glove for additional purchase and am using Plasti Stick joint sealant. If you can give me an idea of something like......" Hand Tight then 1/4 turn with channel locks"....or whatever your approach is that would be appreciated. I will, in any event, half your approach and then give it a go. I plan to leave things as is for 2 days to see if the Plasti Stick will correct the issues but I don't think it will. I have unions at both ends of my new piping so removal is easy.
Thanks

In case this proves useful for anyone with the same issue I was able to fix the leak as follows. All very subjective but FWIW.
The Praher unions have a gasket, which I removed and that revealed some additional thread area that I had not hit with the Plasto Joint Stik. Once those were attended to with a coating of the sealant and the gasket back in position I was able to get a water tight seal with just hand tight, no tools involved. If you are looking at using these unions, there are a few choices. I went with Praher, they have good reviews.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.