Canfield ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have a Coverstar auto cover that after 2 years was looking pretty dirty. I decided to power wash it. I opened it then closed it in 3-4 foot increments. I would put the cover pump on one side to drain the water and power wash. The cover looks great. But then I think I read in a forum thread here that you should not use a power washer on your auto cover. Mine is a small one (2400 psi). I thought that would be better than using a detergent that might end up in my pool. Is there a reason you should not use a power washer on an auto cover? Thanks!

It would be the reason power washers shouldn't be used on many things. Too much power can damage the surface being cleaned. Even with a 2400 PSI cleaner, if you accidentally changed the tip pattern to a point, you could damage the fabric I suppose. But with a fan spray tip setting, you probably didn't do anything bad. But with an expensive piece of material, it's a tough call whether to use one. I've used a brush and soap on mine. I rinse the cover and also use the cover pump to remove the soapy water. I'm sure when I roll it up that some of the remaining soap residue gets transferred to the pool side of the cover and therefore into the pool. But the volume would be tiny and not of a concern to my (or your) pool water volume.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.