Power connection to a v green

Dec 27, 2018
Bradenton/Florida
I just purchased a V green 240v motor. Starting to connect it to my Pentair EasyTouch panel. Do I still use the pump relay circuit from the EasyTouch or do I connect it directly to a 240v breaker? If I use the EasyTouch relay to power to the pump, the power will be gone when it turns the relay off. Is this OK?
I plan on using the digital inputs to control the motor, so I don't need the built in motor controls. I am just concerned about the constant stop/start of the motor control box.

Mike,

Most all VS pumps/motors require constant AC power for their control heads... I would connect it directly to a breaker inside the ET..

I assume by "digital inputs" you are talking about using relays to apply discrete low voltage inputs to the pump to control its speed.. You still need the control head working to do that.

If by digital inputs, you are talking about controlling the pump via the RS-485 serial cable, then that will not work when attached to the ET.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Mike,

I may be going down this same road next month. A couple of questions:
  • What digital inputs are you using?
  • Have you considered using the RS 485? I'd like to it this way but I'd have to confirm the 485 Pentair protocol is compatible with the V-Green? Have you done this?
Chris

I was planning on using the digital inputs using the 12vdc from the rs 485 jack. I would then take the +12v to the EasyTouch and the use the spare relays to control the speed. May need to add some relays if I don't have enough. Any other thoughts on using the digital inputs would be nice.

Mike,

You can't really add relays to an EasyTouch... If it came with 4 relays it will not recognize the additional 4 unless you re-flash the board with new firmware..

You can use the solar relay port to add an AuxEx relay so you can add one relay..

Using the relays will work... but you will then be running low voltage through the high voltage section of the load center.. Technically a no no, but that is up to you...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.