Powdered Stabilizer?

I am thinking about 8 lbs or so.

The instructions said put in a bucket of water to predisolve and that's where I saw clumping. It did dissolve very quickly in the skimmer basket.

OK so you were trying to go from 0 to 70. Makes sure to test again in a week.

Reactions: VinnyinNJ
Wow!! I learn something new every day. I had no idea the powder is generally not sold to the public. Now I’m curious for next season lol

Interestingly, when the cashier sells it to you from the back room, if the manager isn't around (and usually that's the case for a small shop as (s)he's out doing business since they cater to pros mostly), sometimes I even notice the cash register isn't "rung up", which, if I was a stickler for details, I technically should ask for at least the tax back - but I make believe I didn't notice.

In some countries (Italy for example), they even have laws that the CUSTOMER must have a receipt if an officer stops them at the door just outside the shop, since that practice is endemic in some countries - but not so much in the USA (but I'll notice it EVERY time when it does happen).

Plus, while it's a 1 to 1 cost they charge me, we usually round it off and it's a gentleman's agreement, just like we do when we buy the rat poison in the back room of the small hardware stores who aren't allowed to sell it to the general public without the small childproof packages included (which exist because the general public doesn't know how to use rat poison properly).

This is the same safety advice here with the powder requiring more safety awareness knowledge than the granules do.

The CYA powder will blow like soft snow in a stiff breeze, and it is more easily breathed in, so if you do get the powder, it will dissolve easier but you have to make sure you apply it in such a way that it doesn't blow in the wind or that you don't breathe it in. It won't kill you (according to the MSDS anyway - but if you've ever seen how it cakes up, you don't want it to do that in your wet lungs).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.