Pouring liquid chlorine in, am I doing it ok?

jcrew6311

Apr 11, 2020
Arizona
So typically before bed I'll add 3-4 ppm of liquid chlorine which for me is about 21-28 oz. I typically have a small pitcher I'll measure it out in, then when I take it out to the pool I'll throw it in all at once (with filter running), but then I will proceed to take the pitcher and swish the water around heavilt about 10 times to ensure it gets a good mix. It's an above ground pool so its super easy to stand there and swish it around. Just checking that this is ok.

Sounds good to me. If you don't already, I would bring the bleach outside to the pool and measure/pour there just so that you don't spill any on anything important. I had markings on my old pitcher to make measuring easier but after a while I got lazy and just started eye-balling straight from the jug. Skipped the pitcher all together.

Sounds good to me. If you don't already, I would bring the bleach outside to the pool and measure/pour there just so that you don't spill any on anything important. I had markings on my old pitcher to make measuring easier but after a while I got lazy and just started eye-balling straight from the jug. Skipped the pitcher all together.

Yeah, I'm getting to that point where I pretty much know daily at least in this month how much I need to stay safe. I figure since my ideal range is 7-9 and I end most days between 6-7 that if I fill it with 3-4ppm I'm safe most days. I should make markings on it I suppose.

Reactions: Shirker
I run the filter pump 2 hrs twice a day and run 10 minutes of my little peristaltic pump with 3.3% chlorine (10% diluted 2:1) at the startup of the filter pump. The chlorine discharges in a small tube in front of one of the returns and you can see the more-dense chlorine immediately mixed in the return flow. WorksForMe..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.