Pouring liquid chlorine in, am I doing it ok?

jcrew6311

Apr 11, 2020
Arizona
So typically before bed I'll add 3-4 ppm of liquid chlorine which for me is about 21-28 oz. I typically have a small pitcher I'll measure it out in, then when I take it out to the pool I'll throw it in all at once (with filter running), but then I will proceed to take the pitcher and swish the water around heavilt about 10 times to ensure it gets a good mix. It's an above ground pool so its super easy to stand there and swish it around. Just checking that this is ok.

Shirker

Jul 2, 2014
Athens, GA - USA
Sounds good to me. If you don't already, I would bring the bleach outside to the pool and measure/pour there just so that you don't spill any on anything important. I had markings on my old pitcher to make measuring easier but after a while I got lazy and just started eye-balling straight from the jug. Skipped the pitcher all together.

jcrew6311

Apr 11, 2020
Arizona
Sounds good to me. If you don't already, I would bring the bleach outside to the pool and measure/pour there just so that you don't spill any on anything important. I had markings on my old pitcher to make measuring easier but after a while I got lazy and just started eye-balling straight from the jug. Skipped the pitcher all together.
Yeah, I'm getting to that point where I pretty much know daily at least in this month how much I need to stay safe. I figure since my ideal range is 7-9 and I end most days between 6-7 that if I fill it with 3-4ppm I'm safe most days. I should make markings on it I suppose.

Reactions: Shirker

terryking

Bronze Supporter
Dec 19, 2012
West Topsham, Vermont USA
I run the filter pump 2 hrs twice a day and run 10 minutes of my little peristaltic pump with 3.3% chlorine (10% diluted 2:1) at the startup of the filter pump. The chlorine discharges in a small tube in front of one of the returns and you can see the more-dense chlorine immediately mixed in the return flow. WorksForMe..