Post acid wash and empty now what?

Dec 15, 2016
Oc
Hello there everyone,

After doing a no drain acid wash that went swimmingly lol my 12 year old plaster in-ground 13000 gallon pool got a 90% water change and now I am ready to get started on the path to a trouble free pool :)

Test results are as follows

PH 7.5

Ta 110

Ch 290

FC 5.0

Cya 40

Have to find my borate test strips because I did have Borax in my last pool water so I'm sure some hung around

I am trying to get a feel for how often I will have to add liquid bleach currently using the 12% liquid from Leslie's until after the Christmas craziness at Walmart :)

Also wondering what else I should be keeping an eye on which is supposed to be ironic considering that I am visually impaired LOL

I plan to use liquid acid 30% and liquid chlorine please help me understand how to wean myself off of those nasty little tablets that turned my entire pool to a scaly mess :)

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Do I ever have a set of links for you!

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

With is being cooler you will find your do not use as much FC. During the summer you can expect the need for FC to go up.

I keep a log of my test results that includes "big weather events" like big rain, full sun, lots of leaves from wind, etc. That helps me see patterns.

Where is OC? If you could please put that info in your location by your name. THANKS!

Kim:kim:

Sorry it is Orange County Southern California AAA Disneyland :)

I still have a couple gallons of 30% acid from the acid wash so I will try to knock that total alkalinity down my pool tends to run higher for some reason maybe because I don't know what I'm doing LOL

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.