Possible solution to the cloudy water coming out of return jet?

jcrew6311

Apr 11, 2020
Arizona
I know others on here have mentioned when they turn their filter on the return jet shoots cloudy water out initially back into the pool and becomes a vicious cycle. For me personally, the backwash hasn't helped at all with removing the cloudiness from coming back in the pool. This evening I thought, why not hold the hose I use to vacuum the pool floor up to the return jet, have my wife turn on the filter, and let the initial water that comes out of the filter shoot out on to the grass. Usually the cloudy water only shoots out for the first 3 seconds then becomes clear again, so not a lot of water wasted. Honestly, I don't know if the filter will just continue to shoot out cloudy water even after a few tries of this, but it seems logical enough to get it out of the pool.

Have you caught some of the water in a container and let it settle to see what is in it?

Yeah, that cloudy squirt isn’t normal. I agree it would be nice to catch some and see what it is.
Does it only happen after the pump/filter has been off for a while? Have you returned to only running for 8 hrs at night? How does the pool itself look?
Please provide a current set of test results. How often are you testing?

Yeah, that cloudy squirt isn’t normal. I agree it would be nice to catch some and see what it is.
Does it only happen after the pump/filter has been off for a while? Have you returned to only running for 8 hrs at night? How does the pool itself look?
Please provide a current set of test results. How often are you testing?
Pool looks amazing, 0 cc and I do the fas-dpd pretty much every night and maintain appropriate chlorine levels always. I think it's just dust/dirt coming in to the pool, and when I suck it up it always shoots back out at night.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.