Possible leak or normal operation?

Pool was installed last year, this is the first year opening myself.

After removing winter cover, I noticed the pool liner had water behind it and was floating in section of the shallow end. I detached a portion of the liner, pumped out the water, filled the pool and gently brushed the liner back into place.

After filling I noticed regular bubbles, although insignificant in size, they were steady. I also noticed a small air bubble forming in the top of the pool pump and also, I noticed a couple times the pump would lose prime. Eventually, I found a leaf between the oring of the pump cover and had believed to had fixed my issues as I no longer saw bubbles quickly forming in the pool pump top again.

Today after a large storm, I found a large bubble once again in the pool pump top, but both skimmers were completely full of leaves and debris. I removed the debris, primed the pump, and once the Jets began flowing, a large plume for each return shot out dirty brown water and then cleared after 2-3 seconds.

The pool builder didn't backfill the pool walls very well, and only used the native clay soil, removed from the hole originally. My concern is that there is a leak and that was the source of this brown water shooting from the Jets once I turned the pump back on.

Any thoughts?

19,000 gallon lagoon
Superflo VS
Tagelus sandfilter
Intellichlor swg
Easy touch control

My thoughts are that you should be talking to your builder about that liner issue. A little color from your jets after cleaning the skimmer is generally no cause for alarm, especially with a sand filter. But your liner should not be floating on the first year.

A leak in return piping wont affect pump prime or bubble. If it's a VS they all make a bubble on slower speeds. Use skimmer socks they help alot. As for the floating liner that's water trapped in the dirt. He should have made provisions during the build for ground water discharge if you have clay and groundwater issues. It's a new pool get him back there to address it

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.