Portable RV softener install questions

Dodger

Silver Supporter
Sep 17, 2017
Silicon Valley, CA
I've read a number of threads on this topic, and just have a few remaining questions. Planning to purchase the On The Go portable RV water softener, probably the Park Model. Our water fill is basically manual, though controlled by a sprinkler valve so we can schedule fill time/amount via irrigation software.

1. Assume the sprinkler valve should be on the input side of the softener tank. Please confirm.
2. Do we need a Back Flow Preventer on the outlet side? The 48" tank base would be above pool level, but not sure that matters.
3. Does the softener tank need to be inverted to drain as part of the regen process? If not, how often does it need to be inverted? Just trying to plan how "portable" to make the install, plus, 50lbs is not the easiest to move around.

Thank you.

1. Input side is best.
2. I do not see why. But code may be different. Up to you.
3. I use an air compressor to flush the water from mine when I am going to regen.

Reactions: Dodger
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.