Portable battery-operated little pump?

venexiano

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I live in Gainesville, Florida. I am here because I own a pool. But now I write for an unrelated question. I am a competitive beach volleyball player, and when it rains the sand courts we play get flooded, like a 5x5 pond in the middle of each side, 2-3" deep. We usually use some big flat containers to empty the water but takes a solid 45-60 mins. Do you have any suggestion for some portable battery operated-pump that can empty those ponds in a few minutes? it will have to withstand some grain of sand in the water. Note that we can always dig a little hole in the middle with bigger depth to fit the pump, so the 2-3" depth is not a constraint.
Thank you
Best

Watching volleyball in the Olympics was great. I wish you great success.

Not sure how much you wish to spend, but your could use a portable generator (see link) and then purchase a small submersible pump that can handle solids (see link). The great thing about a portable generator you can use it at the beach or other venues if needed. So you can spread out its value among multiple uses.

Hope this gives you some alternative options to a pure battery run system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.