Poor person's 4-speed wireless remote.

Oct 30, 2016
Tucson, AZ
I have an intellicomm II and a really cheap 4-channel wireless relay kit. It works well and does what I wanted but for one minor nit. According to the "instructions" I should be able to press any two buttons on the remote and issue a "ALL OFF" command. It doesn't work, but it's not a show stopper. Question is, has anyone else done something similar and have the ability to stop the pump?

Sorry. I should have been more clear. The instructions for the wireless relay state -

7. Add one function of ALL OFF : press two remote buttons at the same time ( sent Combination
codes ),all the relays are disconnect.

(I believe the language is called Chinglish.)

I do know that in the default (power up) state, there are no LEDs on the Intellicomm lit. That's what makes me wonder if there even is a way to command the pump OFF.

I don't see how... It appears to me the only thing the adapter will do is select one of 4 speeds that you have already pre-programed into the pump's control panel.

The manual says that if you have two inputs selected at the same time, it will just use the highest program number. So if you turned on speed 1 and speed 3, it would always use speed 3.

Jim R.

W,

You could use one of your four relays to turn the pump's main power on/off.

I'm not sure of the exact amount of time, but I think the pump has a program memory of about two days.

You would most likely have to use your relay to turn on/off a heavy duty power relay.

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.