pools and phones - what is your method?

Pv2

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 14, 2013
south east Arizona
I had an ancient flip phone until verizon forced me into the modern times this past January. Because of the nature of my life, I kind of have to be able to answer when someone calls (also I enjoy gabbing with my sister when I am in the pool). However the cost of these things to replace is insane - my old phone was pretty tough and could handle some moisture or it would dry out eventually if it got too wet. (or I could just get another used one for $50-70. I kept it under a hand towel on the top platform of my steps.

Are there headphones that actually ring remotely? or is there some type of device that is either water resistant or cheaply replaceable that would work for this scenario? the phone could be left on a porch within 20 feet or so, maybe even closer if I built a little shaded box for it or something.

New iPhones (and some android ones) are water proof down to 3 meters or so. iPhones have AirPods which are wireless headphones that you can answer calls from, play music, use Siri, etc, all by tapping on the airbud a certain way.
I have them, and walk around my house with them in listening to music, and answering calls when I get them. (It will even tell you who’s calling verbally)
AirPods however are not waterproof. (Although there’s a rumor that the new ones coming out might be)

Both of our cell phones are connected via Bluetooth to our Panasonic phone set (KX-TG7871..ah the good ole days of land lines) and we bring the handset in the pool. Cell phones stay on the table on the patio. Cheaper to replace the handset than the cell phone and we have three spares anyway.

Reactions: Pv2
Both of our cell phones are connected via Bluetooth to our Panasonic phone set (KX-TG7871..ah the good ole days of land lines) and we bring the handset in the pool. Cell phones stay on the table on the patio. Cheaper to replace the handset than the cell phone and we have three spares anyway.

that sounds exactly like what I am looking for! thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.