Silver Supporter
Jan 15, 2021
Redwood City, Ca
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have some feedback related to the Target Free Chlorine levels as shown in the new PoolMath.

From the Overview page I can click on most of the various test values and it opens a page that shows your target and you can see what you need to add if you are not at your target level.

My feedback is concerning the recommend target level for Free Chlorine. With my CYA level of 30ppm the recommended target range for FC should be 4 to 6 ppm with an absolute bare minimum of 2ppm.

Yet the new PoolMath says the “Recommended target level range is 2 to 6 ppm”.

You don’t really ever want to target 2 ppm as that is the bare minimum and flirting with danger especially since the CL level will drop between additions. A Newby might see this and get into trouble if they target the bare minimum number.

The target range really should reflect the recommended ranges on the CL / CYA chart.

Last edited:
I could properly say the acceptable range with emojiis.

⛳2 -> 🤔4 -> 6 :cool:

If you dont heed the red flag at 2 FC, the pool will look like the putting green. At 4 FC you should seriously consider if it will get you through todays expected daily loss while not touching the red flag / swamp. At 6FC you can likely rest easy that you can lose up to 4 ppm today and still be on the non swamp side, but still be in the pondering range to reasses daily.

*edit #s to reflect each CYA level.

*votes to add emojis to the 2 to 6 range for 30 CYA.

Reactions: MSchutzer