PoolMath App

Jun 7, 2020
Dubai
Hi,
I'm new to TFP and a new Pool owner also. I found the PoolMath app while searching for an iOS app to track Pool Water Chemistry readings. So far I love the app; I only have one question:
Is there a way to enter the values for FC and TC instead of FC and CC and have CC calculated by the app? It's not such a big deal but my Test Kit gives me the FC and TC Readings so it would be a bit easier to enter. I would still want to track FC and CC of course.

Thanks in advance for the answers.

No. TC is a meaningless number. FC and CC are the appropriate levels to be monitored. That is what the proper test kits recommended by this forum provide.

You can just stop tracking CC. You should rarely, if ever, need to monitor that.

No. TC is a meaningless number. FC and CC are the appropriate levels to be monitored. That is what the proper test kits recommended by this forum provide.

You can just stop tracking CC. You should rarely, if ever, need to monitor that.
Thanks again for your reply; You seem to be helping me a lot already.

I was just thinking that if TC=FC+CC, it would be easy to for the App to calculate the CC=TC-FC.

I can do the math in my head of course, however, entering the readings from the Test Kit as they are provided instead of calculating values in my head would eliminate accidental human errors. (I'm thinking like a programmer here.)

As I mentioned, I would still want to see the FC and CC levels and don't care about the TC, however, that's what the Test Kit is providing.

I know -- but the huge majority of our members use the proper test kits. Thus TC is not a term we use at all.

Is there some place you can go to learn how to use the app? I must have entered the data wrong and several times and my logs are all messed up. I cant seem to delete or edit my log?
I tried to delete this pool notice says did your phone go swimming it just says to check the weather and try again.?

Dont know what Im doing wrong , Im also entering bad data by mistake but dont know how to delete it.
The "math" part of it seems to work fine. I used the data to correct my readings and all my results where good. I think the "data log" part needs to easier ? How to make that happen IDK

To edit your entries simply click on them in the “Log” section. This reopens that page and allows you to edit them. If you wish to delete them simply slide over and the delete option will appear.

Here’s a poor quality GIF that’ll hopefully help a bit
40887EB9-BD01-4F03-A265-40421C345263.gif

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
To edit your entries simply click on them in the “Log” section. This reopens that page and allows you to edit them. If you wish to delete them simply slide over and the delete option will appear.

Here’s a poor quality GIF that’ll hopefully help a bit
View attachment 146601
THANK YOU, maybe I can get this thing to work for me.
I messed up and entered 60ppm for FC and could not for the lifew of me figure out how to delete it!

Reactions: Leebo
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.