Poolmath and CSI

With a vinyl pool in Minnesota, why are you concerned with CSI?

Keep your chemistry levels in line with the Recommended Levels and you will have no issues.

pH test is old because I slammed.

Marty, I'm not focusing on CSI, I just thought it was very odd the daily test result would show such a dramatically different number than the overview. I'm trying to use CSI in addition to the ranges to help me get a better handle on my water chemistry.

Still trying to find the sweet spot for the pool where TA & pH are mostly in balance and not obsess over a single metric other than FC. With changing out the motor to a 2-speed (oops, need to update my signature), it's almost like I have a new pool.

pH test is old because I slammed.
I would be curious .... for PM testing's sake, if you could update that pH test to today. I wonder if it would make the two screen match? Maybe I'll try on my end as well. I do know that after today's test, both my Overview and CSI screens match.

Pat, won't the pH test be abnormally high since my FC is still over 10?
Sure, I get that. But just from an APP perspective, the CSI screen "appears" to obtain the most recent test info. If one or more items wasn't tested on the most recent test (overview), I think by default it fills the void with the last-most recent test (which could be different), therefore the CSI may be different from the overview results.

Reactions: Leebo
I tinkered with the APP again and repeated the results. If I don't update the pH field with today's results, the overview pH defaults to yesterday's last pH result (or farther back if needed) to fill the void. So then the Overview and CSI screen numbers won't be the same.

Sure, I get that. But just from an APP perspective, the CSI screen "appears" to obtain the most recent test info. If one or more items wasn't tested on the most recent test (overview), I think by default it fills the void with the last-most recent test (which could be different), therefore the CSI may be different from the overview results.

Ah ha! By either adding a pH test or updating the earlier set of test results with pH 7.5 the overview changes to -.29 CSI. So, I'm not sure it was really picking up the old pH test of 7.5. Regardless, I'll look at the most recent results versus the overview to get my sanity check. And a quick test, show pH at 7.5 but I'm not so sure that is correct. But that's for another thread in another forum.

Thank you for the education on how poolmath works.

Reactions: Texas Splash

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.