TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 10, 2012
FL panhandle
The pool saga moves from Texas to Florida. Texas pool thread is here:
pooldv texas pool thread

In other news we sold the pooldv Texas pool. Last summer we bought a new pool in Florida and we've been working like crazy to get everything done to shut down the donkey ranch and get everything ready for a permanent move south and east. Weve been back and forth all winter. We sold the pasture in February and the house in March. The pool will be well used by the kids in the new family. They've got a brand new S200 robot and I just ordered them a brand new TF-100 and some Ahhhsome to get them off on the right foot with the pool and hot tub. The plan is to move in early June.

Yes, of course, the new pool has a house. LOL! I'll start a new thread with a link from here to there and vice versa. It's about 10k gallon gunite with a raised spa, a Hayward 250k gas heater, an Ichlor-30 and a brand new Intelliflo that we had to install the first month because ... Murphy. It had solar panels that weren't functional or salvageable so they were tossed when we put a new roof on. I'll be working on solar once we move. The pool equipment is rounded out by a sand filter that never needs backwashing because the pool is in a screen enclosure and a chlorine puck dispenser.

It isn't too difficult to maintain 2 TFP saltwater pools. The SWG never shut off in the Florida pool, it worked great all winter.

Pool sig for Florida Pool:
1998, 10k gal gunite, white quartz/plaster, cantilever coping, cool deck, IntellifoVS, sand filter, Ichlor-30 SWG, Solartouch coming soon, solar panels coming soon, Hayward 250k gas heater, 8mil solar cover coming soon, borates coming soon, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Maytronics S200 robot, raised spa

Here's a few pics.

Attachments

• 20180828_124036.jpg
    20180828_124036.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 321
  • 20180827_145635.jpg
    20180827_145635.jpg
    419.8 KB · Views: 348
  • 20180828_124146.jpg
    20180828_124146.jpg
    398.8 KB · Views: 353
  • Resized_20180915_114140_1034.jpg
    Resized_20180915_114140_1034.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 333
  • 20180828_124345.jpg
    20180828_124345.jpg
    402.3 KB · Views: 284
  • 20180828_124303.jpg
    20180828_124303.jpg
    515.1 KB · Views: 285
So good to hear from you. I was thinking it had been a while the other day. You, my friend, have purchased a piece of paradise! And of course the feet shot. I'd have been disappointed otherwise.

What part of the state and body of water are you looking at from your pool?

Here's to hoping my Active 20 fires up this spring.

Thanks. Yes, it has been a while. Multiple honeydo lists in two states is more than a person can do sometimes.

That view is of the Santa Rosa Sound in the panhandle between Fort Walton Beach and Pensacola. Yes, paradise indeed. It was so good that we paid too much for it and we bought it too soon according to our official retirement plans. But, it was too good to pass up.

We've got this nice little piece of sandy beach. And an obligatory sunset pic.

Attachments

• 20181225_165222.jpg
    20181225_165222.jpg
    369.9 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_20190127_172650655.jpg
    IMG_20190127_172650655.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 130
POODLE!!!! I was beginning to think the donkey’s got their revenge on you!! :laughblue:

You mean to tell us you’re back on..... “the grid”?:oops:
Nice chunk of property you and the misses scored. Now don’t get all hung up on that view and forget about us non-view peeps!!
Welcome back! :cheers:

Another Florida pool in the house:D Danny welcome to Florida, now that you are a little bit closer perhaps we may meet in person for some adult beverages :cheers: Hope you took the adult fridge for the future outdoor kitchen :p

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I really like that pool's tile! Nice to see something entirely different from most tiles we see. And that birdcage is about the nicest looking one I've ever seen, with the curves and large pillars.

Welcome back "Feet" we've missed ya!

Maddie :flower:

OH MY :eek::eek:

A puck feeder and a sand filter....I think @pooldv has gone over to the dark side. Next thing ya know he’ll start posting test results from his local Pinch A Penny ....

I really like that pool's tile! Nice to see something entirely different from most tiles we see. And that birdcage is about the nicest looking one I've ever seen, with the curves and large pillars.

Welcome back "Feet" we've missed ya!

Maddie :flower:

Thanks! Yes, that birdcage is kinda fancy. But, I'm afraid it is going to wind up being a lot more maintenance. There are cracks on the top that are letting water in. And there are some moldy spots that need to be cleaned and I reckon my wife will make me paint it every now and then. There's a price for the fancy. :giggle:

The pool was built in 1998. We are digging the tile too.

OH MY :eek::eek:

A puck feeder and a sand filter....I think @pooldv has gone over to the dark side. Next thing ya know he’ll start posting test results from his local Pinch A Penny ....

Dude, it is so much worse. We couldn't find any decent test kit and I had to use test strips until I could get my brother to bring by his TF-100!

Oh, I forgot to mention that my brother lives 4 miles via boat or jet ski from this new house. :thumleft:

And I can't figure out how to do multi-quotes on the new software yet.

Dude, it is so much worse. We couldn't find any decent test kit and I had to use test strips until I could get my brother to bring by his TF-100!

Oh, I forgot to mention that my brother lives 4 miles via boat or jet ski from this new house. :thumleft:

And I can't figure out how to do multi-quotes on the new software yet.

Hit the quote button at the bottom of a post and it copies it into the “mystical buffer”. Push the Quote button on whatever posts you like. Then, when writing a reply, you hit the “Insert Quotes” button and you can select from the list of posts you copied into the “mystical buffer”....

It’s all very magical....

Reactions: pooldv
By the way, that’s cool that you live so close to family (unless you don’t like your brother..). My brother lives in St Louis and, before that, NYC. We haven’t lived near each other in over a decade. We are very close but only see each other once every few years. We always talk about how fun it would be to live closer, BBQ together, he could see his nieces & nephews (they don’t have kids of their own), etc, ...

Enjoy the family time whenever you can (y)

Yes, it is intentional. We want warmer weather, we like beaches and being close to my brother is a big plus. He's been in the air force for 20+ years and we were 3 hours away for only about 3 of those years. The rest of the time we were far apart and difficult to get together. We often vacationed together in Destin. He retired from the AF in 2017 and we're all ready to settle in and spend some time enjoying life. Like so.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpg
    imagejpeg_0.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 121
  • 20181123_142411.jpg
    20181123_142411.jpg
    495.9 KB · Views: 118
Yes, the top is screen. We don't have any tall pines nearby. But that would be a big problem if we did. There was quite a bit of roofing debris up there after putting the roof on. They used blowers, brooms and dudes walking up there like acrobats. :shock:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.