Pool Water Valve - Does anyone else have a valve like this?

The valve that i turn on to add water to my pool is really difficult and wanted to ask the community for their input. Its metal and real pain to turn with my fingers and curious if anyone else has a valve like this and what kind of valve they have upgraded to. Is there a tool that i can use for this type of valve, currently i've been using nose pliers and the valve is soo tight, its bent the nose pliers. Also, closing the valve is super tough and i have to turn it really tight for a trickle of water not to conintue. I've attached a picture.

My pool builder (previous house owners used) are super high-end, and quite reputable, so i was surprised they put in this type of valve.

poolvalve.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
You can switch the handle to a bigger handle.

Contact the manufacturer and ask them why the tiny handle.

It seems like a dumb design to me.

Ask them to send you a better handle.

You can also loosen the packing nut some to make it easier to turn.

Remove the top nut and remove the handle to see what handle will fit.

You should be able to find a better handle at a hardware store or plumbing supply place.

Loosen the packing nut (lower red arrow) a "tiny" amount.

1689954211740.png

asv-1024x982.png

ASV073/4"3/4" Red Brass Anti-Siphon ValveRed Brass

Last edited:
Reactions: Slpoolowner

Maybe file a warranty claim.

Superior Limited Trade Warranty​

Superior warrants to its trade customers that its products will be free from original defects in material and workmanship for a period of time (commencing on the date of original sale to the trade customer) as follows:

3 YEARS for all Superior Brass trademarked products, which include:

• Brass/Plastic body valves
  • Brass/Plastic automatic adaptors
  • Brass quick coupling valves, keys, and hose swivels
  • Brass manual angle valves
  • Brass above-ground impact sprinklers
  • Brass spray nozzles
  • Sterling controllers
2 YEARS for all other products.

Note: Solenoids and pressure gauges are warranted for three years.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.