Pool water party dye

ethany

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Trenton NJ
We are having a party for my son and we were thinking of dying the pool water. Maybe a deep blue.....his school color is green but people prob won't go in thinking is algae....Lol.

Can anyone recommend a way of safe, fun way of adding color to pool water?

Thanks

There are pool water dyes on the market, deep blue is specifically one that is readily available at most pool stores and I think I have seen them at big box stores as well. Quick search on Amazon shows red, blue, and green "Pool Party!" brand. My parents tried one once 15-20 years ago and it didn't cause any staining or problems that I recall. Whether this will affect your chemistry I cannot say, except that it is temporary and I assume chlorine breaks it down over a few days. So your chlorine demand will likely be somewhat higher until it has faded away. I can offer no insight in to what it will look like as it is fading away or how quickly that will happen.

But please give us a few pics and a review if you do use some dye!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.