Pool water murky

That is your call but certainly NOT what I would suggest. SLAM the pool. Run the filter 24/7
Thanks Dave - OK great - good to know. My thoughts were that as it wasn't algae I didn't need to go and SLAM but I'll take your expert advise here. I checked the pool after a clean this afternoon and I think its improving. I'll go out and get some chlorine tomorrow hopefully and start a SLAM.

Thanks to everyone who replied. a few days ago I started a SLAM and it’s cleared right up after 36 hours. I left filter running for 48 hrs. Interestingly I didn’t have any chlorine loss overnight so after the first day.
With a high chlorine level do I just keep SWG off and let it come down? As I am in the 30s, I figure it might be weeks and weeks before coming down.
Also I’ve yet to vacuum my pool - can’t see anything Obvious down there, do I still need to do it?

Reactions: Rancho Cost-a-Lotta
With a high chlorine level do I just keep SWG off and let it come down?
Yes. No reason to run the SWG
Also I’ve yet to vacuum my pool - can’t see anything Obvious down there, do I still need to do it?
If you slammed and haven't vacuumed yet, you probably have a layer of dead algae on the bottom. Run a brush on the bottom and see if anything poofs up.

Good job on the SLAM!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.