Pool water just seems to lack luster.....

If the slam clears it up, then at some point something got missed. It happens.

I had a larger than normal bather load/sunscreen (lots of kids) the week of July 4th. Noticed an ever so slight haze in the pool. 2 days at SLAM level and it passed.

Might need a little extra help catching all that suntan lotion, like a suntan lotion magnet :super:

They come in different shapes by different companies but I have a pair of Scumbugs. They look silly but they do a good job of keeping that oily haze off the water from suntan lotion/body oil.
Prices really vary and make sure if you are ordering on line you are buying one or a pair for the $$.

Attachments

• Scumbug oil absorber.jpg
    Scumbug oil absorber.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 56
I use pool perfect without phosfree for the sun tan lotion problem and seems to work for me. I also just started a thread about ph preference. I can tell by just looking at my pool before testing when I need muriatic acid. Makes a huge difference 7.2ph verses 7.5 in the clarity for some reason. I'm looking for the best sparkly pool in the neighborhood so I'm just that picky.

You should be able to test the pool volume theory by dosing based on the volume you believe to be accurate and then test 45 minutes or so later and verify that the number is what you expected. If it is low then you may have more water in your pool then you thought.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.