Silver Supporter
Apr 9, 2019
Houston
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello, I am trying to get a accurate calculation on my pool volume and need a little help. I used several on line calculators but some were limited based on my pool shape, and I've come up with a varying totals. I used a calculator that showed how to reach the averages of the dimensions and came up with 25,460 gallon. The local pool store told it to estimate 13k gallons. I know, I know, I need to keep away from the pool store.

I've included an image of my pool for visual reference. Thank you!

Length is 31'
Narrowest widths are 13' each end.
Widest section (center) is 19'
Shallow depth is 3' each end
Deepest section (center) is 6'

Attachments

• My Pool 4[1].jpg
    My Pool 4[1].jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 17
How do you chlorinate your pool?

You have a TF-100 or K-2006C test kit?

Get a fresh jug of liquid Chlorine and use PoolMath Effects of adding chemicals. Test your FC before . Add 64oz or 128 oz gallon of chlorine. Test your FC after 30 minutes. The FC rise will give you a pretty good idea of your pool volume.

Keep track of the effect of adding MA and CL and you will be able to calibrate pretty well your pool volume after a few times.

Hey ajw22, I recently began using a K-2006c kit. I am still new to the pool world. I am sure I've driven some members nuts in the "what's new" section, just on my pool chemistry.

I didn't realize your proposed method of estimating volume and appreciate the suggestion.

There should be twice the PPM rise if you have a 13K pool vs a 26K pool.

No way you could drive folks here nuts with only 24 posts. Keep on trying.

Definitely not close to 25K gallons. My pool is 27K (18x38 rectangle 8.5’ deep).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.