Pool up, walls buckling

May 11, 2018
Dayton TN
Hello Everyone!

Over the past couple days I've been putting my 21ft above ground pool together. Rushed the liner install because of an incoming series of storms and I desperately wanted to get at least SOME water in the pool to give it some stability.

Have right at 13 inches of water in the pool at this point and 2-3 sections of my wall are buckling. Photos are at the link below.

Any advice on what may be going wrong? From the quick research I've done it appears that the best thing that I can do may be wait till we get some sun and see if the liner stretches out some alleviating the pressure.

Pool buckling - Google Drive

Any thoughts/advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

I believe with an aboveground you are not supposed to lock the liner in and cut it until you have fully filled the pool. They normally give you many extra inches of liner at the top. I remember holding ours up with clothespins and clamps and having to adjust those out as the pool filled. Unfortunately it looks like you locked it in place and cut the liner flush already. The obvious fix would be to remove the top rail and the liner lock and add some slack back to the pool but it doesn't look like you have any liner to spare. Have you already cut in the skimmer and the return? If not and you cannot produce any slack you might not have any choice but to yank the liner, reduce the depth of the pool by adding sand and then resetting and refilling.

Check and make sure all the posts are level. A high spot can cause buckling. Also let the liner heat up in the sun before adding more water and see if it stretches. I am assuming this is a beaded or jhook liner and not an overlap liner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.