Pool Tunes 2023

woodyp

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 17, 2010
East Texas
I'm reviving this thread from 2017 Gimme your pool jam list!

Tired of jammin' with Jimmy?
Tired of kickin' it with Kenny?
Is zippin' along with Zac gettin' a little old?
Too much sand in your old Beach Boys LPs grooves?
Here's a list of some lesser known bands with some pretty good summer pool side songs to peruse even though some may be old hat to a few of you here:
Yeah.........I got bored and cruised Spotify!
Eric Stone
Southern Drawl Band
The Detentions
Jesse Rice
Wheeland Brothers
Jimmy Parrish and the Ocean Waves Band
Howard Livingston & the Mile Marker 24 Band
Jake and the Half Conched Band
Feel free to add on!:rockon:

My Spotify paly list pretty much is....Spotify!

If you're asking if you can.....have at it if you know how to.

Here's one....Beachin'.... Jake Owen
Beach Vibes....Aubrey Wollett
Tequila On A boat...Dustin Lynch
Salt and Lime....Clare Dunn
Pour Me A Vacation...The Great Divide
Too Drunk To Meet Jimmy Buffett...Jesse Rice
23 Degrees And South..Billy Currington
Rum...Brothers Osborne
Beer Weather....Cold Creek County

Last edited:
My Pandora playlist is all over the place:

Aerosmith
Stone Temple Pilots
Billy Joel
Alice N Chains
Bee Gees
The Cars
The Police
Tom Petty
Duran Duran
Ted Nugent
ZZ Top
Blondie
AC/DC
Van Halen
Queen
J Geils Band
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Journey
Styx
Bob Seger
Boston

And on on & on ......

I like to use the "Discover Weekly" playlist that Spotify creates for me, and then go to the song radio of a new artist that I like a song for, and listen to that for a while.

As for the Tunes, and what plays them, I've got my Klipsch AW-650's mounted up on the house and they ROCK. Highly recommend those speakers for anyone who can appreciate more than a portable tiny speaker on a table.

I take the lazy way out and use Amazon Music. Echo connected to two amp wired to outdoor speakers.
Really like saying, play some classic rock or R&B rotation. Sometimes I just say play some music and enjoy whatever comes up.

I love any of the artists channels on Sirius XM, which streams free on any devices for most subscriptions. Any of them only have so much material so they frequently play live cuts, which are new and exciting compared to the studio cuts. Many of those are either covers, or somebody else covering said artist, both welcome twists. Whether in Stadiums or outdoor venues, they have the outdoor feel to any of the live songs, which is fitting for poolside.

The Jimmy Buffet channel for example is party perfect. Or Kenny rocking a ballpark. (Funny you specifically mentioned BOTH of them)

Road trip radio is a great channel too for tunes you'd jam to in the car. The playlist is far and wide and you never know what's coming next, but you'll probably like it.

Reactions: jark87 and woodyp

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I’m a big fan of Pandora and have at least 15 years invested in “likes/dislikes” so that it serves up tunes perfectly suited for my tastes. Based on my history, the range is very broad and I love that I often hear songs that I’ve never heard before, which is what I dislike about fixed playlists - no exposure to tunes I’ve never heard of. I started with a mashup station of Rolling Stones and Talking Heads and it has evolved to include rock, blues, country, and stuff I don’t even have a category for.

All streamed through a Denon receiver and out of a pair of Niles outdoor speakers. Exquisite!

I take the lazy way out and use Amazon Music. Echo connected to two amp wired to outdoor speakers.
Really like saying, play some classic rock or R&B rotation. Sometimes I just say play some music and enjoy whatever comes up.
Same here, although my son is on the same Amazon account and Alexa must think I’m him sometimes. I get some weird gangster rap occasionally, with heavy bass and lots of swearing. Really messes with the chill vibe.

My music taste pretty much covers the entire spectrum. I typically use Spotify premium with the HEOS app to my Denon Receiver (wifi streaming so don't have to deal with bluetooth range). I run a dedicated zone for Outdoors with 6 Yamaha outdoor rated speakers (2 each Pool, Patio and Deck). All are powered by a vintage Carver amp run through a MonoPrice speaker selecter with individual volume controls, so I can further limit which speakers are playing and how loud.

Here are some of the many playlists that I like to lounge to poolside: License to Chill (Young the Giant, Milky Chance, Arctic Monkeys, RHCP, etc.), Roots Revival (The Head and the Heart, Lumineers, Leon Bridges, Hozier, etc.), Raised on Rock (Led Zeppelin, Beatles, Nirvana, Soundgarden, etc.), Indie Rock Club (Killers, Strokes, Black Keys, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, etc.), Surf Rock Mix (311, Sublime, Manchester Orchestra, Beach Boys, Surf Curse, Bob Marley, etc.), 70s Rock Anthems (Tom Petty, Cars, Steve Miller, Fleetwood Mac, etc.), 60s-70s Soul (Otis Redding, Bill Withers, Al Green, Sam Cooke, etc.) and Feelin Country (Chris Stapleton, Little Big Town, Jo Dee Messina, The Chicks, Garth Brooks, etc.).

My Pandora playlist is all over the place:

Aerosmith
Stone Temple Pilots
Billy Joel
Alice N Chains
Bee Gees
The Cars
The Police
Tom Petty
Duran Duran
Ted Nugent
ZZ Top
Blondie
AC/DC
Van Halen
Queen
J Geils Band
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Journey
Styx
Bob Seger
Boston
Spin It Wheel Of Fortune GIF by ABC Network

Thats easy, you (we:cheers:)are getting old!

My music taste pretty much covers the entire spectrum. I typically use Spotify premium with the HEOS app to my Denon Receiver (wifi streaming so don't have to deal with bluetooth range). I run a dedicated zone for Outdoors with 6 Yamaha outdoor rated speakers (2 each Pool, Patio and Deck). All are powered by a vintage Carver amp run through a MonoPrice speaker selecter with individual volume controls, so I can further limit which speakers are playing and how loud.
I like your setup. I did mine a little differently with two amps driving two stereo pairs of speakers. Amazon Echo is my music source and I control it outdoors using a voice remote. Link to amps
I could have probably simplified it a bit with the speaker selector, but I never really thought about it.
Works great with the two amps though and still have individual channel control.
For speakers I have a set of Klispch rock speakers and a used set of full range speakers off of Marketplace. They are in a protected area and really complement the other speakers with stronger base. I'd kind of like to have a dedicated base but haven't done much research yet.

Pool Music/Tunes includes:
  • Melodic/Symphonic Metal (Nightwish, Serenity, Royal Hunt, Stratovarius, etc.)
  • Prog Rock/Prog Metal (Symphony X, Dream Theater, Yes, etc.)
  • Power Metal (Helloween, Theocracy, Sonata Artica, etc.)
  • Glam Rock (Tesla, Cinderella, etc.)
  • 80s Metal (Maiden, Priest, King Diamond, Metal Church, etc.)
or some 90s Country too...

I’m a big fan of Pandora and have at least 15 years invested in “likes/dislikes” so that it serves up tunes perfectly suited for my tastes. Based on my history, the range is very broad and I love that I often hear songs that I’ve never heard before, which is what I dislike about fixed playlists - no exposure to tunes I’ve never heard of. I started with a mashup station of Rolling Stones and Talking Heads and it has evolved to include rock, blues, country, and stuff I don’t even have a category for.

All streamed through a Denon receiver and out of a pair of Niles outdoor speakers. Exquisite!
Me too, similar genres plus Denon amp with Polk speakers.

The Jimmy Buffet channel on XM dropped this crossover nugget on me today. Live, of course. *heads to the download store*

20230605_145533.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.