Pool troubles

andyt said:
I just went outside to change out the filter cartridges, and all was going well, but when I went to put the filter clamp back on, I found I could not tighten the retaining nut on the threaded rod of the knob assembly.
It appears as though the inside of the retaining nut is stripped, it won't pull the clamp tight, just slips over the threads.
Sigh. It's 7 PM on a Saturday, most of the pool places are closed, and closed for the next 2 days.
What do I do?? Any suggestions?? Really would like to get the clamp back together so I don't lose any of the progress I've made.
(I hate this filter, I knew I should have replaced it, instead I've replaced EVERY part at least once.)
Can I go to a hardware store and find a nut that will fit this and just make do for a few days?
And why do "pool" nuts and bolts cost so much?? Are you kidding me? 45+ dollars for this?
Yeah, they should be standard threads. But then you'll need a wrench to tighten, unless you find something in the specialty hardware section.

If the T- bolt is stripped, stacking some washers may put the nut back onto solid threads. If not, a length of all-thread and a barrel nut can substitute for that.

450 CH isn't high for where you live.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.