Pool Tolerances

Fatboy230

Oct 9, 2021
Washington
Hello,
Just signed up today and look forward to the suggestions that are offered as I build my pool.
This is my first pool that I will have done and will complete by next spring. My first pool was installed for me.
I purchased a Pool Kit from PW and have no complaints about this company on the quality of the kit and their support.

The kit I purchased is a 20' x 40' inground with polymer panels and automatic cover. What I'm finding on the install of the panels is that they tend to warp, expand and contract as the day goes. I believe this is normal. My concern is the final dimensions that are given on my pool drawing. They state that the measurement from inside panel to inside panel should be 20' x 40'. Is there any tolerance on these dimensions? I've measured a hundred times using the 3, 4, 5 method and nailed it. The 40' dim is right on, within a 1/16". my issue is the width. It tends to be 19' 11-1/2" no matter where I measure from. The wall are as plum as I can get them. Will this be a problem and what kind of tolerances are allowed on a pool.

Thanks for the feedback.

Dave

All you worry about is plumb amd parallel walls. Check for square diagonally is the most important measurement. Once its square you just keep a straight line with string at the top of the wall, that's all you will ever notice. Easiest way is pull a tight string line amd use a spacer in front of wall panel on each end that way string doeant touch panel and if the spacer is let's say half inch you just want half inch gap from string to panel all the way down. Fastest way. On a liner you cam be short am inch either way with no issue. Just has to be square parallel amd plumb the L x W doesnt matter much

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.