Pool timer

BPool18

Jun 14, 2018
Cincinnati, OH
Hi all,

Last year I had my pump running 24/7. Found out here that’s a waste.

I was going to go ahead and purchase a timer...and have an electrician install it shortly after opening.

Questions:

1) is there a specific timer that is recommended?
2) how long should it run for daily? Continuous or broken up?
3). For getting the pool up and running after opening (shocking etc), should it run continuous until clear/testing shows it’s good?

I'm not sure there's a definitive answer for this. It really depends on your pool.

1) I run mine for 8-10 hours during the day, which I know is extensive. Others run theirs shorter.
2) Continuous (rests at night)
3) If you SLAM your pool, you should run your pump continuously until you're done with your SLAM.

1) is there a specific timer that is recommended?

Exactly which one depends on your pump voltage.

2) how long should it run for daily? Continuous or broken up?

3). For getting the pool up and running after opening (shocking etc), should it run continuous until clear/testing shows it’s good?

Depends on what you need done. You should run your pump for 24 hours after adding stabilizer or salt since those are difficult to dissolve and mix. Or if you needs a lot of filtering done.

If the box will be outside, make sure you get a weather resistant box. For Intermatic, the model number will include an "R". The T-104R for 240 VAC or T-103R for 120 VAC should work fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.