Pool timer issue

okiediver

Sep 3, 2015
Ft Myers FL
Pool Size
My fountain timer (PF1102T) has stopped working in some respect. There is power to the unit, it randomly turns the fountains on, yet I can no longer turn the
pump on or off using the timer. I have a electronic version like the below. Is it toast or is there something I can check myself before replacing? And, do I need to replace the whole beige box with freeze protection or would it be ok to just replace the timer itself? Big difference in price.

TIMER.jpg

I dont understand the pic you posted. The PF1102t timer looks like this.

876D5CFF-CCAD-42F2-A946-45FDB9F216EB.jpeg

Hi Allen, I got the number from the inside of the beige box on the left hand panel. BUT, the timer looks like the one I posted which I assumed was the electronic version of what you posted. Other than the timer it looks exactly the same!

Where did you get the pic you posted above?

Take a pic of the box and post it. Someone may have used an old enclosure and put a different mechanism in it.

You can look here and see all the freeze protection models of timers Intermatic currently sells - Freeze Protection - Intermatic

I found that on a website to order....hence the question about replacing just that or the whole box! Ill get some pics as soon as it stops raining outside! Thanks!

Give me the link to that website.

The timer you ordered is for 120V. The PF1102T is for 240V.

I don’t know what you have.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pics of the insides of the actual timers may help.

Here is my understanding of your situation at this time .... I can't find a freeze protection timer with the type of digital timer assembly among Intermatic products. The model number on your case has a mechanical timer assembly. I don't know if someone pieced together different parts to build what you have. Thus I don't have a parts list with the correct part numbers or wiring diagrams.

The digital timer link you provided was for a 120VAC SPST timer. The PF1002T is a 240V DPST timer.

If your timer and pump are 240V then the replacement timer you linked to is not the correct one.

If someone rewired the timer box for 120V AC then it needs to be studied.

Unscrewing the panels on the timer and looking at the wiring may tell us how it is wired. Removing the timer unit in the box may give you a part number for it and see if it is SPST or DPST.

If you don't understand the difference between 120V wiring and 240V wiring and between switching SPST 120VAC and DPST 240V AC then you should probably get an electrician involved. There are things about your timer that raise red flags and say it is non-standard. An electrician looking at the wiring can figure out what is going on. We see a lot of homeowner DIY electrical work that is not done properly or to code.

Opening up the timer panels and posting pics of the inside wiring would be the next step if you are comfortable doing that. Make sure you turn off the breaker to the timer before you remove the panels.

Gotcha. My husband is versed in the wiring and can do that. He’s been out of town but gets back tonight—I am trying to do some of the legwork for him. I feel confident about the panels as the pool is not that old and the neighbors next door have the same setup from the same pool builder. We will see I guess. It’s so strange that the option to turn it on and off work when the fountains randomly turn on but not when it’s off like it used to. Maybe it’s posessed lol. We will open that thing up and I’ll send some pics this week . Thanks for your input so far it is much appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.