West Monroe, Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I’m curious as to how pools stores treat an algae bloom? I know how I treat mine thanks to TFP. The local PS that I use for certain things recommends shocking once a week, but what if things get out of hand.
I’m currently in the middle of my third SLAM process since moving into this house 6 weeks ago. And yes, it passed the OCLT the first two times and we enjoyed about a week of crystal clear water in between occurrences. I’ve now identified the problem and it will take dirt work to divert rain runoff away from the pool. Always something when you move into a new house.

They throw weekly shock treatment with granular dichlor that also raises CYA and then when you CYA is above 100 and the pool turns green they tell you to drain the pool half way and start over... they are so nice, aren't they :)

Reactions: KJB1 and holubec37
We like to say they ‘dump and pray’. When the prayers don’t work many hundreds $$$ later, they make up a word like ‘chlorine lock’ and tell you to drain. And wouldn’t you know it……. They have rebalancing chems worth more hundreds. 🤦‍♂️

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.